Friday, January 24, 2014

Card Gift Set

Here in Christchurch there is a great network of blogging ladies, and in December we had a Christmas get together with a Secret Santa gift exchange. The gift had to be handmade, baked or op-shopped.

I drew Treena and was happy as I am good friends with her in real life. I knew exactly what I was going to make for her- a set of ten cards that could be used for various occasions.

I used the cardmaking system from the Wishes Card Confidence Programme- this way I could make ten cards using only one double-sided 12x 12 piece of patterned paper, two cardstock colours and a white piece of cardstock. This is a great way to use up all of the random pieces of cardsotck and paper you have in your stash.



This card set made a lot of different styles, and you could easily change the colours and sentiments for a specific theme. Since this was a gift, I wanted Treena to have some general cards and so I left the sentiments very generic.



One of my favourite cards was this one:



Mixing up the sentiments and adding some bling and ribbon was really easy, and this all came together faster than I thought possible. Because this was a gift, I had to dress it up. Each card came with an envelope, and I used the Cricut to cut a box to put them in. I stamped the box, added some matching ribbon, and put the cards inside to create a cute card set gift box.



I hope Treena enjoys her cards as much as I enjoyed making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!