Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy Birthday To You!

I am once again participating in the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge- I wasn't planning to as I have so many projects on the go this week, but I had a dream about this card so I had to create it!

The sketch threw me for a while, but it obviously appealed to my subconscious.

 
Here is what I came up with using some really old scalloped paper as well as some CTMH items.
 
 
I stamped the "happy" along the cardstock, and then stamped the "birthday to you" along the edge. I fussy cut the scallops from an old Christmas paper in my stash, and used Chantilly paper for the edges.  Sorry about the bad photo- my desktop is playing up this week so I am having to do everything from my laptop with no editing software!
 
CTMH supplies used:
Papers: Chantilly
Cardstock: White Daisy, Juniper
Inks: Lagoon
Stamps: Card Word Puzzle, You Are My Happy
Tools: Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors, Tombow Adhesive.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great card. Pretty bad, when we start dreaming about cards...........LOL, happens to me all the time!! I really like your take on this sketch. Great use of your stamps as well ! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, if all your creations come to you in dreams, and they turn out like this, fabulous!! Thanks for playing along this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the "happy" stamped over and over, that is so cute! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. like what you did here. Yup, it does get to us doesn't it. :) Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!