Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #92

Welcome to another week, and another brilliant sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.



My take on this sketch got a bit distracted- I turned the card sideways and originally meant for the woodgrain to take the place of the train, but then decided the card needed something else to make it pop so I added the leaves to replace the train instead, reverting to the original portrait sketch whilst keeping my card landscape.



The leaves and swirl were cut out from the Cricut Artbooking cartridge, originally for the Grateful 12x12 scrapbook page, but I resized these to fit a 5 1/4 card.

I kept the details to a minimum on this card as the woodgrain and leaves are the main focus, and this way I feel the card is more masculine.

I would love to see your take on this week's sketch!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: CashmereColonial White, Glacier, New England Ivy
Cricut: Artbooking
Ink: Chocolate
Stamp set: Pathfinding Cardmaking WOTG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!