Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pretty with Poppies

Look at this gorgeous colour inspiration for H2H's weekly challenge!


The colours suggested to go with this inspiration board are Topiary, Lagoon, Glacier, Sunset and Cranberry if you are using CTMH products, but we want you to make this mood board your own and be inspired!

I absolutely knew I wanted to make a poppy card, as poppies are quite significant here in New Zealand and I love the poppies that bloom by my mailbox in spring.

I used a free poppy SVG file, cut the image twice and layered it. I lightly sanded the edge of each petal and then swiped each petal edge over my Cranberry ink pad to give some extra dimension. I then added a strip of Zoe paper down the side and a sentiment from one of my favourite stamp sets. I finished off the poppy with a leaf swirl and some bling in the middle.



I loved this card so much I had to make two!



We would love to see your take on this colour challenge- what will inspire you?

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Black, Cranberry, Lagoon, Sunset, Topiary, White Daisy
Embellishments: Base and Bling Black Jewels
Ink: Cranberry, Lagoon
Paper Packet: Zoe
Stamp set: Lovely Birthday

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!