Tuesday, October 13, 2015

For a wonderful grandmother

My grandmother in law is celebrating her 95th birthday next weekend, and I wanted to make her a special card, but I just couldn't find the inspiration needed. That is, until I saw the Color Dare colours for this week's challenge!


These four colours combined with Kraft were enough to make a card that is subtle and not too flowery, which is not my style.




I stamped the sentiment on Kraft cardstock with Goldrush ink, then clear embossed it. However, it did not stand out too well so I sponged over some Cocoa ink. I also added some touches of canary ink to the tips of the Cocoa stamped flourish, and finished the card off with some Poppy Twine and two diecut leaves in Canary and Goldrush cardstock.

I love the For Family stamp set as you can combine any sentiment with any family member- yay for a grandmother stamp!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Love how you did the sentiment. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, this is such a beautiful card! I love the resist technique you did on the sentiment. Thanks for joining our challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool effect with the embossing as a resist. Thank you for playing along with us this past week at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty technique. I love your pops of color here and there. Thanks for playing at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!