Sunday, November 18, 2018

Featured Paper Blog Hop-’Tis the Season

Welcome to our Featured Paper Blog Hop! We will be showcasing items from our ‘Tis the Season Paper Pack with various projects created by talented Close to my Heart Consultants. If you are visiting from Ramona’s blog then you are on the right track, if not please start at the beginning with our hostess Carol.

I absolutely loved the Deluxe 'Tis The Season WYW when I first saw it, but I was worried that the layouts would be too wintery since I live in New Zealand where we have our Christmas in summer.

This layout in particular I was drawn to, and I decided to change up some of the elements whilst still keeping the overall feel of the layout.



I swapped out the snowflake paper for another great pattern within the kit, used New England Ivy cardstock instead of Candy Apple, and changed the snowflake embellishments for ornaments. All of these items I switched to are still in the kit so I was not using any additional supplies.



I still kept all of the parts of the layout I was originally attracted to, such as the stamping, the title, the numbered photos and journal boxes.



Swapping out the snowflakes for the ornaments included in the Complements was an easy switch and added some bling to my page!



Switching out a paper or embellishments is a great way to get something extra out of any WYW kit and I hope that this will inspire some of you to recreate previous layouts with new paper and embellishment combinations.

Next check out Erica’s blog and I'd love for you to leave me a comment!

3 comments:

  1. Love your layouts and how you added and changed them up. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, this layout turned out great! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!