Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Christmas Cutie card

I love the whimsical look of traditional holiday cards paired with cute elements, and I knew I had to create something cute when I saw the Crafty Catz "Too Cute" challenge.

Paired with some other challenges to get my creativity mojo going, I started off with a Kraft base and then layered up elements. I embossed the Kraft base with a woodgrain embossing folder for some extra interest.

This sketch made it easier for me to figure out the look I was going for- thank goodness for sketches!


The sweet little deer is a leftover embellishment from an old White Pines kit, and I used the new Stitched Circles thin cuts to frame my sentiment, which I stamped in New England Ivy ink.



Of course I needed to added some sparkle, so the last layer was created with some gold glitter paper.

I am linking up to the following challenges:
Color My Heart- Color Dare #320
Paper Players- Theme Challenge PP421
Crafty Catz Challenge- Too Cute
Just Add Ink #436- Sketch

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, a lovely take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, definitely is a cutie! I really like all the fonts used in the sentiment. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Nice combo of the sketch and our color challenge. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold glittery panel adds some nice contrast to the wood texture on the card base and the softer colours used in the card. I like the sentiment with its lovely mixture of fonts. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Lauren! I love the sweet little doe and interesting mix of textures. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I remember the deer from one of the complements and wish they would do a whole sheet of these. Adorable and fun card and great interpretation of the sketch too. Thanks for sharing with color Dare this week, and please come back for our December Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little reindeer is definitely a little cutie! Your card is lovely. Thank you for playing at CMH Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch and the colours. That little dear is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My granddaughter would go nuts for this card! She loves baby animals and a fawn would be right up her alley. Really sweet card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!