Friday, January 10, 2020

Australasian Spruced Up Blog Hop




Hello and welcome aboard our Spruced Up Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop.

If you have arrived here from Doreen then you are in the right place.

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Spruced Up Scrapbooking Workshop Kit without Memory Protectors™
Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s January Featured collection, Spruced Up. This is such a gorgeous paper collection with rich jewel tones and a wintery feel to it, something that isn't hugely on my mind right now here in New Zealand but I am a huge fan of birds so I still love this collection!

I knew I had to do something with the little robin, but I wanted to showcase a card that didn't require copious colouring or layered stamping for my beginner cardmaking attendees. I simply stamped the robin on Espresso cardstock with black ink. I then thought the robin would look sweet on top of a sentiment circle and so this card was created from that idea.



I used the Spruced Up paper packet and coordinating cardstock to create the base of this card as well as the zip strip- I love this colour combo of Sangria and Julep!

I also used the Spruced Up cardmaking stamp set for the sentiment circle, stamping the boughs in second generation ink behind the sentiment. The finishing touch was a scallop border stamped from the January SOTM and some black enamel dots.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Passionate About Pages.

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting!