Thursday, January 16, 2020

New Product Blog Hop

Welcome to our New Product Blog Hop!

If you have come here from Krista's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.

Image may contain: text

This month we have 20 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using the new great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I love the new wintery Spruced Up collection but we are in the middle of summer here and so I wanted to showcase a layout that made use of non-winter photos.

Recently, we were on a 5 kilometre waling track that had the biggest pine-cones and really tall pine trees, and so the pine cone and pine feel of this paper was the perfect accompaniment to the photos on this double page layout.

I was inspired by another consultant, Kathy Burrows (who you will be visiting next on the hop!) to use an older existing layout and jazz it up a bit with new product. This layout design is from the Great Outdoors kit that was released a while ago, and so I updated it by using the new Spruced Up Coordinating Cardstock along with other elements of the Spruced Up Collection. I also turned over the layout orientation for portrait photos, and cut smaller pieces for the centre panels as I did not want them to crowd my photos.



Here's a close up of the left hand side of the layout, featuring some photos of me and my boys.



Here's a detailed look at some of the elements that make up this layout using new product.



Look at the detail on this beautiful sticker of the robin and bough! The sentiment sticker is also from the sticker sheet, and the tree paper blends so well with Kraft cardstock. The sentiment sticker is mounted on a piece that I stamped in second generation new England Ivy ink using the Spruced Up Cardmaking stamp set.



I kept the journalling on a plain piece of White Daisy cardstock, but did add one of the new Spruced Up Wood Shapes for some interest and texture. You can also see some of the Zip Strip from the Spruced Up Paper Packet that I used to separate the photos.



And here's the right hand side of the layout with some more photos of my gorgeous boys.



More of the detailed stickers were used on this side of the layout, and I also created the title using the Spruced Up Scrapbooking Stamp Set and Thin Cuts. Isn't it great that titles now have this cuts too! I also added a little gold embossed pinecone from the Spruced Up Cardmaking Stamp Set and Thin Cuts set.



My last close up is of one of the cute stars from the sticker sheet, and I also stamped a tree directly onto my layout background from the Spruced Up Scrapbooking Stamp Set.

Now "Hop" on over to Kathy's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!

8 comments:

  1. This is my favorite paper of all time. Great layout, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such perfect photos for a terrific layout! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your journalling is nestled around that wood shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Spruced Up collection is my favorite this time around! Perfect photos for this collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I love how you journaled around the wooden tree! So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You photos are perfect for these layouts! They turned out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect paper for these pictures! Love the ideas you shared in your layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!