Monday, November 16, 2020

Inky Fingers

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 12 of us highlighting ideas to use the new Distress Oxide inks. 


This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Haley’s Blog, you are on the right track!

My first card uses the distress oxide inks as a background under the Hearts Background Thin Cuts. I layered Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral distress inks under the thin cut and then all I had to do was add a sentiment as the inks and thin cut were the main stars of this card.


Here’s a close up of the beautiful ombré look you get from blending the colours. I only used two colours but because they meet in the middle and blend together you can create even more colours. 



After I had made the first card, I had all of the little hearts left over so I decided to make another card! I simply stamped a sentiment all over to create a background in Smoothie ink, and then lightly blended the Abandoned Coral distress ink over the right hand corner to add some interest. Smoothie ink and cardstock goes so well with the Abandoned Coral distress ink! I then cut an envelope using the Mini Envelope Thin Cuts and filled it with some of the leftover hearts from my first card.


Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Brandi’s Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice cards! Great blending on both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! Love the blending of coral and raspberry, and great use of the leftover hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards - love the ombre effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created a subtle background behind the hearts and on the second cards inked just the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the left over hearts in the 2nd card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!