Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Autumn Banner with Amy Mountney

Recently, I was honored to be asked to collaborate with Amy Mountney. Amy is a UK artist who had based herself within a central vacant space, opposite Central Library, so she could collaborate with passers-by, tourists, artists and local initiatives to create a quirky ‘homely’ installation, and sociable environment, in response to experiencing limitations in making new connections as a city newcomer when she first arrived.

Looking at what constitutes ‘home’ for the city, she collected stories and experiences from those she has met along the way and facilitated the chance for local educational programmes, creatives, projects and businesses to come together in a variety of ways inside the miniature home to discuss ideas.

Amy now hopes to use this experience to inform a new series of works based on her explorations of Christchurch as well as writing a blog she is working on to document her time here.

One of the items I created to place in the Microhouse was this Autumn Banner, as to me cosy seasonal home decor is a staple in my house and makes me feel "at home".



I cut the letters on my Cricut, and added some stamps, die cut and embellishments to create some interest.



The colours remind me of Autumn here in New Zealand, and makes me feel warm and cozy just like when I am at home.



I used Baker's Twine to hang the banner up in my house.



Amy displayed it over this painting in her Microhouse, doesn't it look wonderful?

photo courtesy of Amy Mountney

She also displayed some of my cards and other papercraft items, such as this card here.

photo courtesy of Amy Mountney

My wine bottle holders even featured!

photo courtesy of Amy Mountney

Can you spot my card?

photo courtesy of Amy Mountney

 It was so exciting to be a part of this project, and I loved creating pieces to make the Microhouse envoke feelings of being welcome in a homely space.

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Chocolate, Crystal Blue, Goldrush, Kraft, Pear, Topiary
Embellishments: Bronze Shimmer Trim, Metallic Neutrals Baker's TwineSparkles Brown and Tan Assortment
Ink: Chocolate
Paper Packet: Pathfinding
Stamp set: Pathfinding Cardmaking WOTG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!