Monday, October 12, 2015

Christchurch, 5 years on

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is Hometown. Share something about your home- maybe a photo, something that symbolises your hometown or the place where you grew up.

Whew, this one was hard- there are still so many raw emotions. If you aren't aware, my hometown suffered a series of fatal earthquakes and a lot of us were left without homes. I was one of the reasonably lucky ones- my husband lost his work building but in the grand scheme of things we still have so much. Five years on, the city is still recovering.

This is the story of where I live, five years on from the earthquakes that started here in Christchurch that changed lives, took loved ones and dramatically altered the landscape.


I used one of the sketches from the Reflections How To Program, and added a row of houses from the Artistry Cricut collection. I also used the New Zealand stamp set and put a heart over Christchurch.

The torn strip was in my scraps pile, but I think it works well with the theme of this layout. I also added journalling lines to the page as I had a lot I wanted to say. There is still so many other things I notice on a day to day basis- I may add some more hidden journalling to this page as more ideas are coming to mind as to how our city has changed.

I would love to see a story or something inspired by your hometown- link up here!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Champagne, Cocoa
Cricut: Artistry
Embellishments: Bronze Shimmer Trim, Sarita Assortment
Ink: Cocoa
Stamp sets: Circus Alphabet, Documenting Moments, New Zealand

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, what a lovely tribute to your hometown! My own little hometown was demolished by a tornado in 2004, so I completely understand your feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!