Monday, February 22, 2016

Color Dare and BFT- For My Sister

Many of you may already know I have a twin sister- she has been so good to me these last few months as I have battled with my health and felt less than adequate as a wife and mother.



I decided to make her a quick card with a note to let her know how much I appreciate her. I used the Colour Dare and BFT challenge prompts for inspiration!









The card was made using some leftover Cranberry patterned paper from the retired Heartstrings Paper Packet.



I used Liquid Glass in the centre of the flowers, which were stamped in Pear ink and then coloured in the centre with Honey ink.


I stamped the sentiment in Cranberry ink at the top of my card and now I am ready to write a special message inside for my sister.

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Colonial White, Honey
Ink: Cranberry, Honey, Pear
Paper Packet: Heartstrings
Stamp set: Friend In Me
Tools: Liquid Glass

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Love the design. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog and Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, your sister will love it! Liquid glass adds such a nice dimension to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is really cute! Thank you for playing along with the Color my Heart Color Dare Challenge Blog! Jen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! The design is simple and clean. I love seeing the old Heartstrings paper used in this wonderful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Color Dare this week--please join us again soon.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS and beautiful card. Sorry to hear you have had some health issues, so having a sister near-by for support you can't ask for anything better. Thank you so much for joining ColorMyHeart Color Dare challenge this week, and hope you return back next week with another great color combination. Heart2Heart has a February challenge open and their theme is friends, this would be a great card to enter, and you have until the end of the month to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, Lauren! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card and I am sure your sister will love it! Thank you for playing along this past week at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Lauren. I love the liquid glass centers. Putting the Color underneath is a great touch. Thanks for taking a Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren, this card is so sweet and reminds me of the special bonds that sisters have. I did not have a sister growing up but I know how lucky my 3 girls are to have each other. I hope your feeling better soon! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds (BTF)!

    Brandi R
    DT member BTF
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card. Thank you for playing along at Between the Folds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!