Monday, March 21, 2016

M is for Monogram

Monograms are everywhere lately, and make a perfect personalised gift! Monogram is also the them of this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge.

I recently celebrated my wedding anniversary, and I wanted to make my husband a gift that was personal to us.

I designed a layered Monogram on my Cricut, using a combination of leaves, flowers and purchased designs. I then added some writing with the black Cricut pen on top of the White Daisy cardstock layer.


I then cut the same design in black cardstock to layer in the negative white cut.



I used my Two-Way Glue Pen to add the black pieces in the gaps left from the white piece, which was matted onto another piece of white cardstock.



The finished monogram was then cut down to 6x4 to fit the photo frame.



Here is the finished frame, with the monogram design in the middle and black and white photos of us on either side.



How will you be inspired by the Monogram challenge? Link up here!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty project! What a great gift!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out Lauren, what a lovely gift for your husband

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!