Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Versamark Embossed Title

Today I am going to share with you a technique to create a bold title image using Versamark ink and watercolour paints.

Here is my layout so far- it needs a title!



I cut a stencil on my Cricut using the Artistry cartridge, and secured it to my layout using some washi tape.



I then carefully swiped the Versamark ink over the stencil to get in all the gaps of the letters.



The next step is to remove the stencil and put clear embossing ink over the Versamarked image.



You should now be able to see where you have inked.



Take your heat gun and heat the stamped title. You should see it go from a powdery white to a clear, glossy finish.



Using your watercolour paints, start brushing light sweeps of colour over the title.



I used three types of orange to create an ombre effect, but you could use one colour, create a rainbow title- the possibilities are huge!



Once your title is dry, take a clean paintbrush and go over the Versamarked area to get rid of any excess watercolour paint.


Here is my finished layout with the Versamarked title. It really adds a great interest to your page and allows you to customise your title in terms of the sentiment and the colours used.



Now it is your turn to try!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!