Saturday, June 4, 2016

Christmas Twine

Today I am joining in with two challenges- Between The Folds and Merry Monday, to create a Christmas card with the twine tree as the standout feature!


I added four panels of an old Winter paper packet to my card, then placed a watercoloured Santa (with a sack) and some presents on the card, along with a stamped sentiment.



I added some twine threaded through the tree to replicate a string of lights.

I am still working on my colouring- I just realised Santa's moustache should be white! luckily I have signed up for a class with a local well-known artist so be prepared to see my watercolouring improve in the next few months!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute little scene, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used the twine in the Christmas tree, Lauren! Santa's bag looks like it's full of goodies! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love how you decorated the tree. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, i love the Santa in that stamp set! Great card, thanks for sharing this with us at BTF Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the twine as garland is AMAZING! Love it!

    Brandi R
    DT member BTF
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!