Thursday, October 6, 2016

For the Love of Stamping!

Hello and welcome to our CTMH Featured Products Blog Hop. This week our featured product is stamp sets.

If you have just joined us you can start here and continue on, as this is a circular hop or if you get lost along the way you can find the complete list at the end of this post.   If you came here from Annette you are in the right place. Now on to my project:

I love the Shower Flowers stamp set for a solid floral image, perfect for this technique!

I started off by painting a piece of the Watercolour Paper in the Jeepers Creepers featured colours- Pansy, Willow, Raspberry, Tangerine, Lemon and Lagoon. In order to get a good match with the specified colours, I used the watercolour guide (available from your consultant).



I then stamped some flowers from Shower Flowers onto the dry piece of paper with Versamark ink, and heat set using clear embossing powder.



I then swiped the paper with clean water, removing any excess with a paper towel. This allows the colours to come through strongly where the embossing is, and leaves a lovely watercolour background for the rest of the panel.



Here is the finished card with a sentiment added stamped in black ink and matted on Lagoon cardstock. I also added some light grey sequins.



You can see how the shiny colours show through using this technique, and the possibilities are endless as you can use any solid stamp and any colour combination!

Thank you for checking out my project. If you would like to purchase our featured product of the week or any additional supplies you can buy them here. If you enjoyed my project please comment below as we love feedback! Next on our blog hop is Corinna from Corinna's Crafts. Make sure to check out her amazing work featuring this same product.

See you on Wednesday 19th October as we will be featuring the Swan Lake Paper Packet! Have a great day!

Complete list of blogs participating:

Linking up with BTF and Color Dare







9 comments:

  1. I love your tutorial! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such nice details about the technique you used for this card. I will add this to my list of watercolor techniques to try out. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so pretty! I never thought about using a watercolor background with this technique, I can't wait to try it! And yes, that stamp is the perfect set for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique, Lauren. Thanks so much for sharing on the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the water coloring background with the embossed flowers, very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare, and please come back this week for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing a fun new (to me) technique. I love how you chose to change the bright colors to a soft watercolor. Thanks for playing at the Color My Heart Color Dare...come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Love how you did the background. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, I have not done this with the water colour paints but ink and sponge, I am so going to have to try it with the paints...thanks for the idea! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds (BTF)!

    Brandi R
    DT member BTF
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!