Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A rainbow of ribbons

Since ribbons are individually on sale this month with the Create The Rainbow promotion, I thought I would grab out some of my own ribbon stash and do some creating!

I had this adorable photo of my boys with their cousin, and when I found the 'cousins' title when going through my craft box I knew I had to create I layout.



I layered strips of ribbon down the side of the page to create a border- this is a great way to add pattern and interest to a layout and also use up those packs of ribbon.



Here is the title that inspired the layout- it was a wooden finish but I sponged it with White Daisy ink so that it matched the rest of the layout.



I added some vellum and Kraft accents, as well as glitter gems and black and white dots, in clusters to balance the layout.


I love the subtle hearts in the background, the pops of colour from the ribbon, but most of all the way this layout showcases the photo.

I am looking forward to finding new ways to create with ribbon- do you have any ideas for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!