Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Red, White and Blue

I am excited to announce that I am now on the Design Team for Heart2Heart Challenges!

This month’s scrapbook challenge is a color combo: Red & White Daisy with the option of Blue!  It’s not a coincidence that this color combo corresponds with all of the flags of “Close To My Heart countries” and that both Canada and the United States celebrate their independence this month.  You can any shades of blue and any neutrals to your project, but please keep the focus on Red (Ruby or Cranberry) & White Daisy.  Your project doesn’t have to be patriotic, but it certainly could be!  You must mention which CTMH colors you use in your scrapbooking project.  You must also have some SPARKLE (red shimmer trim, sparkles, or base & bling, anyone?) AND sewing too!  Real or faux, it’s up to you!

I went with Ruby, Juniper and Slate colours to create this Christmas layout, since New Zealand does not celebrate the 4th of July.  

My sparkle was made using the Sparkle Flourishes, and I used the WOTG Sparkle and Shine Assortment chain to add some faux stitching to my double page layout.







This layout is loosely based on the Sparkle and Shine WOTG, but I did add a lot more photos and change up the order of the layout a bit to make my photos fit.

Thanks for stopping by- I can't wait to participate in more challenges! Feel free to play along too- click here to add your link.

CTMH supplies used:
Kit: Sparkle and Shine Workshop on the Go
Inks: Black, Juniper
Tools: Tombow Adhesive, Corner Rounder

2 comments:

  1. Excited to be on the H2H Design Team with you, Lauren! Great layout! I enjoyed the Sparkle & Shine paperpack too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet layout! I love the stitched circles. I'm so glad you're sharing your talent with the DT @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!