Monday, August 11, 2014

Inspired By A Song

This month the Heart2Heart challenges are all Inspired By.....

This week's theme is Inspired By A Song.

I was lucky enough to enjoy a scrapbooking retreat this weekend, and I had lots of friends there as well as my mum and sister. We carpooled to and from the retreat as it was a two hour drive, and on the way we had to have some great driving music! One of the CDs we listened to was Fleetwod Mac, and the song Gyspy got stuck in my head.

Gypsy is also one of the colours in the Close To My Heart Colour Range, and so with the song in my head I set about creating a layout featuring the fabulous Gyspy colour.

One of the new Workshop On The Go kits is Wanderful, which features Gypsy. I used this kit with a non-travel layout- I love how versatile these WOTG kits are!



I created a title page for my 2014 album to reflect our wishes for this year and any big events that are coming up in our life. I used Gypsy cardstock as the background, and embellished with products from the Wanderful WOTG Kit such as the washi tape and stamps.



The letters were stamped with the Circus Alphabet stamp set on Colonial White cardstock, and I used the zip-strip along the top of my layout as they were little clocks and I thought that tied in really well with the theme of time passing and making memories. (Although hubby pointed out I have them upside down, whoops! Will need to fix that.)



I love this stamp that came with the kit, which has a frame around it and more words as well as a globe, but I just trimmed it to have this part of the sentiment.



How will you be inspired by a song? We would love to see your scrapbook layouts, cards and other ideas.

CTMH supplies used:
Embellishments: Chalk It Up Assortment
Ink: Gypsy
Tools:  EZ Dots Adhesive, Micro-Tip Scissors, Corner Rounder
WOTG: Wanderful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!