Monday, May 18, 2020

National Scrapbooking Month

The Blue Skies collection is all so amazing and I had hoped to share some layouts with you featuring the paper and stickers, but unfortunately due to our New Zealand lockdown I only have the cardstock at the moment. However, this cardstock is not like the usual Close To My Heart cardstock. It features special glossy UV-coated patterns on one side. Look at this gorgeousness!



I just had to create something using this cardstock, so I turned to my Cricut and used the Everyday Moments collection to create a fun birthday layout using just the Blue Skies cardstock paired with White Daisy cardstock.

Here is the layout- look at all of the fun patterns in the cardstock! I also used the little heart and journal lines from our new Through Thick and Thin stamp set, a wooden arrow and a touch of gold shimmer trim.

The overlay for this layout is sized at 6x8 in the collection, but it was no problem to size it for a 12x12 scrapbook page just by changing the measurements on my Cricut screen.



Let's have a closer look- you can see that each colour has a different pattern. The White Daisy overlay really makes these colours pop! I took this photo with a flash to bring up all of the texture- in real life this combo is subtle but definitely noticeable.



How cute is this cupcake! You can see the texture again within the cupcake, although I used the back side of the Sapphire sheet to cut the candlestick and to mat the photos. I popped the cupcake up with some 3D Foam Tape for extra dimension.



I framed the overlay with the Lagoon sheet, and the UV pattern makes it look almost stitched around the outside of the layout- just another fun touch!

I love this new cardstock for its bright colours and fun glossy patterns, and hope to do some more creating when the rest of this collection appears at my post office!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!