Saturday, August 9, 2014

Everything ABCs Blog Hop- P



Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter P. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their P element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy.

If you came from Jen's Creative Classroom then you're on the right track!

For my "P" I chose to focus on Pixie, one of the new ink colours that Close To My heart has released in the new Inspirations Catalogue. This is a beautiful, soft pink that lends itself well to many products.

Having two boys, I don't get to do many pink layouts, so I decided to do a scrapbook page of my birthday.



I started off with the Pixie cardstock background, and also added some of the new Brushed papers and Pear cardstock. I stamped the Pear cardstock with Pixie ink using a beautiful medallion design. I also used another new colour, canary, to bring another colour into the design.



The birds featured on this layout are also stamped in Pixie ink, and are from a new stamp set.



To embellish, I used some of the new Brushed Assortment flowers in Pixie, which coordinated really well with the Sparkles Clear Assortment.



I also made a birthday card featuring Pixie to give to my friend, featuring another new stamp set that I absolutely love. The flowers were fussy cut and I added some Flamingo Dots to jazz it up a little.



Pixie really is a versatile ink colour, and the Brushed Paper pack uses it as one of the Featured Colours.

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Wendy Kessler - My Scrapbooking Blog.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

CTMH supplies used:
Layout:
Cardstock: Canary, Pear, Pixie
Emellishements: Brushed Assortment, Glitter Alphabet Stickers, Silver Shimmer Trim, Sparkles Clear Assortment
Ink: Pixie
Paper: Brushed Paper Pack
Stamp Set: Happy Birds

Card:
Cardstock: Bamboo, White Daisy
Emellishements: Flamingo Dots
Ink: Pear, Pixie
Paper: Lollydoodle
Stamp Set: Lovely Birthday

5 comments:

  1. Pixie is such a fun color! I love the stamping !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card and layout! Love those alpha stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pixie is my new favorite pink! Looks like a fun birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout ~ it is fun to make a girly layout every once and a while :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!