Monday, September 1, 2014

Chalk It Up for Color Dare

If you are looking for my SOTM blog hop post, please click here.

I am already planning some school ideas for when my oldest starts school in December, and so when I saw the Chalk It Up Picture My Life kit I just had to grab it! This is going to be a fantastic way to chronicle Lucas' school journey in an album.


However, I  can also use the Picture My Life cards on my cardmaking projects, and the Color My Heart Color Dare this week was to use the Chalk It Up colours.



I used some of the subtly embossed Flaxen paper and then attached a PML card to that using washi tape. A stamped sentiment finished the card. The design of the PML card created the sunburst effect without me having to do anything- got to love simplicity!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: LagoonWhite Daisy
Embellishments: Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape
Ink: Lagoon
Paper: Paper Fundamentals Assortment- Whimsy
Picture My Life: Chalk It Up
Stamp set: Cloud Nine 
Tools: 3D Foam Tape, Corner Rounder

3 comments:

  1. Love it! The fan of patterns is great and the touch of Washi tape is really nice, too. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...thanks for the nice close-up of the Flaxen paper. I imagine it's even prettier in person. And I'm with you...the simplicity of the PML card really makes this a fast, simple, and fun card!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lauren. I love the use of all the different B&Ts within the burst, it makes a really cool effect! Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!