Friday, November 21, 2014

Guest Designer for Color My Heart

I was honoured to be asked to be a Guest Designer for Color My Heart recently.

The dare I am playing along with is #120, and the colours are Barn Red, Goldrush, Glacier, Olive and Lagoon. A lot of colours to work with, I hope I have done them justice!

I based my layout on a template from the Magic book, and used the Pathfinding B&T paper with cardstock, as well as some embellishments I had lying around.



The Glacier cardstock was enhanced with a woodgrain stamp, and I also used it for some journalling strips. Soma Lagoon matting and embellishments made the photos pop, and I used the other colours in the background with cardstock and the paper to keep an earthy feel to the layout, since we were at a heritage park in these photos.

I also stamped some arrows onto the Lagoon strip on the right hand side, and added a stamped "making tracks" sign in Goldrush since we were on a tram and steam train ride in the main photos.

The title was cut in Goldrush using the Cricut. I also added some button stickers from an old Complements pack.

Thanks to Color My Heart for allowing me to share my scrapbook layout, I had so much fun combining these colours together!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Barn Red, GlacierGoldrush, Lagoon, Olive
Embellishments: Timberline Complements, Skylark Asssortment
Inks: GlacierGoldrush, Lagoon
Paper: Pathfinding
Stamp sets: Pathfinding Cardmaking WOTG, Timberline

5 comments:

  1. Great combination of old and new in this layout. Goes to show that a well-designed layout never goes out of style no matter how old or new the papers and embellishments are. Thanks for being our guest designer at Color My Heart this week. You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to display those pics! The stamping added lovely details to the cardstock. Thanks for being our guest designer at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I love the arrows stamped by the "Making Tracks". Thank you for being a Guest Designer at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, Lauren! You did a great job of combining all these colors. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer for this challenge. Hope to see you in our gallery again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun layout, Lauren! Thanks for making such a lovely project as our guest designer on the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!