Friday, March 20, 2015

Wishes- 12 card workshop

One of my Pinterest Resolutions was to recreate the 6x6 12 card workshop from the Wishes Ideas Book. I wanted to use some of my lesser loved papers that I knew wouldn't go into my albums, to create some cards to have on hand.

Here are the papers and cardstocks that I chose- remember that the B&T patterned papers are double sided so I had some options there!



I decided to create a set of birthday cards, as that is what I always seem to need. These were all created using a white cardstock base, but you could chose any colour or even a combination of colours.

I cut each piece into the instructed pieces, and placed each piece with the corresponding card. This workshop gives you 6 cards, two of each design.



Here are the bases after I had completed the instructions. From this point on you can add your stamping, embellishments or other touches. I had stamped some of the items, and embossed one of the pieces of cardstock, but ll of the other pieces were just cut then stuck down.



Here are my cards after I added all of my extra bits and pieces. I replaced some paper pieces for stamped images, and I added embellishments such as shimmer trim and sequins. I limited myself to a few stamp sets, and did some fussy cutting with cardstock scraps as well.



I am very happy with my finished cards, perfect for using up those papers and now I have a great stash of birthday cards on hand!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Flaxen, Lagoon, Thistle, White Daisy
Embellishments: Gold Sequins, Gold Shimmer Trim, Junebug Puffies, Lollydoodle Sequins, Teal Shimmer Trim
Inks: Black, Flaxen, Lagoon, Thistle
Paper pack: Laughing Lola
Stamp sets: Happy Birds, Happy To Be Friends, Laughing Lola WOTG, Lovely Birthday, Perfect Fit- Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!