Monday, June 1, 2015

Warm versus Cool

I am a Southern Hemisphere girl, so the weather is feeling particularly chilly right now! Every morning I wake up in need of a piping hot coffee to see me through the school run, and at the end of the week I love to wind down with a movie and a glass of wine whilst rugged up in a blanket.

These two items were first on my mind when I saw this week's Color Challenge of Warm versus Cool for Heart to Heart challenges. I already had a plan to scrap these two drinks together, which are also warm versus cool, so the layout came together quite quickly.



Coffee- I will drink it any way, I am not fussy as long as it is piping hot! I loved this little speech bubble from the now retired Hopscotch Complements, and the pop of yellow in the background from a fundamentals paper pack as well as the red photo mat complements the cooler blues and greens.



This title breaks up the two photos, and I then have my chilled wine- once again I drink all types of wine so I am easily pleased! The globe was stamped and fussy cut, and I added a pocket page card to show I like to have a drink every day of the week- not necessarily alcoholic of course but it is so nice to sit down for five minutes with a drink and a magazine. The little housewife strip had been lying in my stash for a while so I had to add her in as the page has a desperate housewife vibe going on!

Here is the full layout. I love the patterned paper green strip with the wet look splatter and drink ring, and all the little embellishments that don't seem to go together but I feel they work well on this page.



This was such a fun layout to make and I really enjoyed it, as I was documenting a part of everyday life rather than a special event or milestone. I would encourage you all to try a layout based on your day to day routines and little pleasures, as these are the layouts that can get your creative mojo back and you can do what ever you like with them!

If you have a warm versus cool idea in mind for a card, layout or other papercraft project, be sure to share it with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Crystal Blue, White Daisy
Embellishments: Hopscotch Complements, Wanderful Complements
Ink: Black, Glacier
Paper: Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment
Stamp set: Here We Go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!