Wednesday, June 1, 2016

S1606 The Long Way Home Australasian SOTM Blog Hop


Hello and welcome aboard our Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop.

If you have arrived here from Kara's Blog then you are in the right place.

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s June Stamp of the Month, The Long Way Home.


As soon as I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to do a mini album of a recent road trip! I have not added the photos yet but here is the album all put together.

I used the Hip Pics Mini Album to document this road trip, which is a perfect size for smaller events and brilliant as a gift. I decorated the front with some Magical Paper and Complements.



I love how this album has pockets all ready to slip the photos in. The title page features the car stamp, as well as a title stamped in Cranberry Ink with the Noted stamp set and a Magical Complements arrow.



I used some more Complements on these pages, with the arrow and street sign from the SOTM and the journal lines and Note to Self sentiment also from the Noted stamp set.



This next spread features a frame cut from Magical paper, a stamped banner for journalling, and one of the SOTM images stamped and fussy cut then placed on a strip of Magical paper.



For this page, I added a Picture My Life card directly over the album page, then decorated the right hand side with a Magical zip strip, more journal lines and some stamped suitcases from the June Stamp of the Month.



I love a fun frame, and this seemed to go perfectly with the scenic route stamp! I also cut some banners from the Magical paper and stamped two from the Noted stamp set.



Some more Complements and journal lines on the left hand page! I added one of the Magical Complements titles on the right hand side, and will use a smaller photo so I slipped in a piece of paper to create a frame.



The paper will also be used as a frame over the page, along with a Cricut cut border. I carefully coated the heart of the stamped image in Cranberry ink, then rolled the rest in Sapphire ink to create a sentiment. The 'say cheese' is also Cricut cut and I added a stamped star from the SOTM and a camera from the Magical Complements.



Another Cricut cut and journal lines for this page, as well as a speech bubble for journalling and the stamp in Honey ink.



The last page used some more Zip Strip and Complements, and I finished off by stamping the Road Trip stamp in Cranberry ink.



I can't wait to add photos to this album- it will be a perfect reminder of the fun time we had on the road!

This exclusive The Long Way Home stamp set is only available during June. It can be yours for just $10 with a qualifying order of $75 or for $33 if ordered separately from your CTMH consultant.

If you do not have a consultant please contact me or place an order here.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Shaunna's Blog, Passionate About Pages.

CTMH supplies used:
Album: My Creations Hip Pics Album
Cardstock: HoneySapphireWhisper, White Daisy
Embellishments: Magical Complements
Ink: Black, Cranberry, Honey, Sapphire
Paper Packet: Magical
Stamp sets: Noted, The Long Way Home

9 comments:

  1. Awesome project. Just perfect for a little road trip holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute album Lauren. It would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to decorate my mini album too! These stamps look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a project. Love how you decorated the album so many great ideas, love the combination of this set with the Magical Papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous album, love all of the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you used. This is a great little fun project that I can see everyone doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will look great when the photos are added. Nice work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!