Sunday, September 11, 2016

S is for Spotlight Stamping


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter S. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their S element will be featured in their post.

If you came from Darlys then you're on the right track!

I chose to focus on the Spotlight Stamping Technique- a fun look that is a lot easier than I thought!
I started off by placing two strips of black cardstock down each side of a card base. I then placed a white strip of watercolour paper over this, and only adhered lightly as I will be removing it later.



Using White Daisy pigment ink, I started stamping the branches from the September SOTM, Blessed Beyond Measure, down the sides of the black cardstock.



I then took the watercolour piece off and stamped the same image in black ink. The white daisy was able to be stamped over by Archival Black ink for lining up, and I filled in the gaps with extra stamped leaves.



I then set to work watercolouring the leaves on the strip of watercolour paper.



And here is the finished card, with the leaves lined up and a sentiment added!



Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Linda.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Catherine Nowak for a complete list of participants!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!