Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #86

Christmas is well and truly upon us, and I have been busy making some last minute Christmas cards for friends, teachers and workmates. Thank goodness for AHSC for providing inspiration!


This sketch background immediately reminded me of the retired Sparkle and Shine paper, so I based my card around that. I had been creating a lot of cards based on Vicki's set I purchased, so this one is inspired by her talents as well!



I love the multicoloured stamping, and the shimmery star adds a bit of interest to this card as well as tying all of the colours in.

The sentiment is the main feature of this card and I had to mask three different stamps, as well as use different ink colours and a rock and roll technique to create this bold greeting.

I did enlarge the sentiment panel on the sketch and use a star instead of a flower, but that is the beauty of these sketches- you can create your own card or layout based on how you interpret this sketch.

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Crystal Blue, Ruby, White Daisy
Embellishments: Silver Shimmer Trim
Inks: Black, CranberryGlacier, Whisper

Paper: Sparkle and Shine (retired)
Stamp sets: Be Jolly (Hostess), Life is Wonderful, Lovely Birthday

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun take on the sketch - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Great use of making the sentiment the focal point!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!