Friday, April 8, 2016

Artfully Sent Sympathy Card

Sympathy cards are always the hardest for me to put together- that is why I am grateful that my Artfully Sent cricut cartridge has a few options.

I am playing along with Just Add Ink's Just Add Sympathy prompt this week, as well as Bitten By The Bug 2's Butterflies or Bees challenge.

I started by cutting the card in a soft Champagne cardstock, which I thought worked well for a sympathy card. I then added some soft blues and greens behind the negative images.



The butterfly was cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge, and I stamped over ti with a border stamp set for extra interest. I also stamped an extra line under the cut sentiment, as I thought it needed something else.



This card was a quick and easy one of mine to put together as I have been feeling under the weather this week, but I am glad that I still made time to create.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are THE hardest to make, in my opinion, and this turned out beautifully. It feels very serene with the blues and greens. The butterfly looks gorgeous-love the stamping you did on top to set him off! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the simplicity and elegance of your card. The cutout with the background paper is unique too. thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge this week. Get well soon.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. The subject isn't pleasant but the card turned out wonderfully. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible at making sympathy cards too but this one is absolutely perfect! I love that its so simple and the soft colours are wonderful for this type of card. So very glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very soft and sweet sympathy card. Thank you for playing along with our challenge this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the effect you got filling the die cut negative spaces with contrasting colours Lauren. It really looks lovely. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!