Friday, December 2, 2016

Worldwide December SOTM Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring December's SOTM, which is Thoughtful Flowers, a set of 14 stamps.


If you have come here from Alyson's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.


This month we have 30 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

These flowers inspired me to make a soft watercolour card.

I started off  by clear embossing some of the floral images onto a piece of watercolour paper.



I then started applying my watercolour paints to the embossed images- letting the paint wander around the paper and not being too fussy about keeping within the lines as that is the beauty of watercolour!



I kept colouring until all of my flowers were done, then let them dry.



I wasn't happy with the stark white background, so I then brushed a light yellow watercolour wash over the entire card, taking care with the edges where the flowers were. I then stamped one of the sentiments from the December SOTM onto the card using Archival Black ink.



I love watercolouring this way, as the paints create beautiful mottled colours and splotches as they dry, allowing for variations in colour without too much effort. In the close up of the flowers you can see the different saturation levels from each colour. You can go over certain points again with the same colour to make the difference even more obvious, but I just love the soft look of this technique.



Now hop on over to Brenda's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the December SOTM is only available until 31st December!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Great watercoloring technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY, and thanks so much for sharing the steps in how you created! :) I can't wait to try it on my own...your cards are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your technique! The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Thanks for explaining the technique. I will give this a try soon and share it with my group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your watercoloring! Thanks for sharing your technique.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!