Thursday, October 4, 2018

Merry and Bright

I'm getting well into the swing of things with my Christmas card making, and I really enjoy taking inspiration from sketches and challenges.



Today I combined the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and the Heart 2 Heart colour challenge to create this Christmas card.



I used the beautiful red tinsel embossing powder to create the sentiment, and then the rest of the card flowed from there! A background Christmas stamp helped to anchor the three strips and I used layered stitched circles for dimension. n order to get a touch of Nectarine, I finished off the card with some black and orange stars from the Hello Pumpkin Complements.

I hope to start sharing a lot more Christmas cards- my craft room is covered in Christmas themed paper right now!

Products used:
Paper: Tis The Season Paper Packet, Enchantment Fundamental Paper Packet
Cardstock: Ruby, Charcoal, Mink
Ink: Black, Versamark
Stamp set: Merry Trimmings, Merry and Bright
Embellishments: Hello Pumpkin Complements, Red Tinsel Embossing Powder
Tools: Stitched Circles Thin Cuts

9 comments:

  1. Good for you getting started on your Christmas cards! I need to do the same. I love the stitching on the circles. Thank you for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love all of the little touches, and yet it is so nice and clean. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The text paper and pretty red paper work so nicely together. I like the scattering of stars, too.
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas card. Great idea to use embossing powder for the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! Love those papers, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Lauren, this turned out great! I hadn't thought of cutting that large background into strips like this but it's very effective. I especially like the contrast of the stripes and all the curvy elements, from the dual layers of stitched circles, rounded fonts in the background stamp, polka dotted paper, and the flows cursive sentiment you used. I am a big fan of the straight/curvy contrast look, I think it lends a wonderful sense of energy and movement to a project. Great job and thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love the different colours and how you used them! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color twist for a Christmas card!

    Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice interpretation and bringing both these challenges together for such a pretty card with your CAS stitched frames. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!