Friday, October 5, 2018

A Hedgehog Hello

I've rediscovered my love for embossing powders this week, and it's been awesome to have some time in my craft room to play with all the pretty new paper packets!

This cute little hedgehog sticker caught my eye and I wanted to use him on a card. I also wanted to try out my new leaf frame stamp set so this card came together in my head really easily.



I used gold embossing powder to do the leaf frame, and then kept it really simple with just the hedgehog as the sentiment and some more of the patterned paper in a dovetailed strip. The only embellishment was some green triangles that I added for dimension.

I'm linking this card up with a few themed challenges today:
Use Your Stuff Forest Frolic
Craft Rocket Autumn
The Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe challenge (leaves, patterned paper, green, embossing and glitter)


Products used
Cardstock: White Daisy
Paper: Grateful Heart
Ink: VersaMark
Embellishments: Grateful Heart Complements, Enamel & Glitter Duos Green Triangles, Princess Gold Embossing Powder
Stamp set: Grateful Heart-Scrapbooking

6 comments:

  1. Lauren, that gold leaf embossed frame is fabulous! WOW! I love embossing, too! It is like magic! Such a pretty Fall card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I love that gold embossed border, but your hedgie steals the show! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, Lauren! I love the gold embossed leaves...and that little hedge hog is soooo cute! I see why he caught your eye. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren your little hedgehog sticker is adorable - I love your mix of patterned papers and your embossing frames your card beautifully. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project! Fits perfect for our theme!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex

    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#53 – Autumn / Halloween}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#22 – Make your own background}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#22 – Anything goes}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!