Monday, October 29, 2018

Sending you Hugs

I love the new Seasons Mix In paper for adding to the core paper packets, but they are also great for a stand alone patterned paper option.

As soon as I saw the Monochromatic Green Color Dare Challenge and the Foliage Seize The Birthday Challenge I remembered the beautiful Seasons Mix In paper and got to work.

My friend is having her birthday tomorrow and she is having a rough time, so I created this card using her favourite colour- Green. I hope she likes it!



I sponged the sentiment circle so that the contrast wasn't as stark, and added some second generation stamped leaves to the 3D flower.

I matted the entire piece of patterned paper on green cardstock to also add to the soft look of the card with minimal contrast, so that the sentiment would really stand out.

I created the sentiment by masking off parts of a large sentiment stamp and stamping the words I wanted in New England Ivy Ink.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Products used:
Cardstock: New England Ivy, White Daisy
Embellishments: Grateful Heart Complements
Ink: New England Ivy
Paper: Seasons Mix-In

7 comments:

  1. I love your card and the soft look. I know it will cheer up your friend. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the Season Mix-In papers. They are some of my favorite! Thank you for joining in this week's Color My Heart Dare. <3 Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the variance in your greens and pop of the small flower on the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure this card will brighten your friends birthday and put a smile on her face! I also love green! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mix-ins are one of my favorites too! I'm sure your friend will adore her birthday card! Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love the Mix-ins-I’m on my 5th package). I hope your friend enjoyed her card as much as I do! Thanks for playing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those seasonal mix in papers. So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare Monochromatic Green Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!