Monday, February 18, 2019

Invitation Only

This week the theme at Heart 2 Heart challenges is Invitation Only.

This may mean you create an invite, or maybe you want to share a project inspired by an invitation only event.

I was very lucky to be invited to the Waitangi Day reception at Government House in Wellington. For those of you outside of New Zealand, Waitangi Day is is the national day of New Zealand, and commemorates the signing, on 6 February 1840, of the Treaty of Waitangi.

Every year, 1,00 people from New Zealand get chosen by ballot to be invited to this event, which is held in the capital city of New Zealand and includes free food, drink and entertainment for the afternoon.

This was the perfect excuse to use my new Loving New Zealand stamp set!


This stamp set was such a perfect match with my layout.




 I was also inspired by the floral pattern of my dress and I watercoloured the flowers from the Feels Like Home Paper Packet to create this double page layout.



I absolutely love the heart shaped New Zealand flag and I mirrored this with the love heart paper, although I was careful not to overshadow the watercoloured floral paper.

I'd love to see your Invitation Only project over at Heart 2 Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!