Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October SOTM Blog Hop- Autumn Air

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!


We will be featuring October's SOTM, which is Autumn Air, a set of 14 stamps. 



 If you have come here from Erin’s Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. 

 If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.

 This month we have 29 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go! 

As soon as I saw this stamp set I knew I wanted to showcase the checkered strip as part of the set, not just the gorgeous sentiments and laves.

I created a wreath shape by bending the checkered strip, one thing I love about our CTMH stamps! Creating an autumnal feel using Sage, Toffee, Saffron and gold embellishments on a plain white  background, I then layered some simple leaves and a stamped sentiment.



It was so easy to create the wreath shape, and I embossed the leaves with gold embossing powder and fussy cut them to layer behind the photo mat. I also stamped and fussy cut the smaller leaves, adding gold sequins to the centre of each cluster.



I wanted to keep the sentiment simple, so I simple stamped one of the sentiments in Saffron then rolled the bottom in Toffee ink to create a two-tone stamped image. Some more gold embellishments and the cute acorn stamp were then added to finish off the layout.




Now "Hop" on over to Michelle's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! 

Remember, the SOTM is only available until the end of October

8 comments:

  1. I just love how you created the checkered circle. What a fantastic idea! Thank you for joining us in this month's SOTM blog hop. ☕💙MissC

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!
    That checkered pieces is one of my favorites on the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! The checkered piece is one of my favorites on the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the circle and that one special photo will be the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the creation of the circle using the border stamp - great idea! Clean and simple - this is a fabulous layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice layout! I love the focus on stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!