Thursday, April 2, 2020

April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - O-fish-ally Awesome

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring April's SOTM, which is O-Fish-Ally Awesome, a set of 37 stamps.



If you have come here from Krista's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.


This month we have 22 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I have wanted to practice making a sea themed background for ages, so this was the perfect stamp set to get my mojo going.

I added some Sapphire and Bluebird ink directly onto my large acrylic block, and then squirted some shaving gel all over the block and swirled it around with the ink using an old credit card. I then stamped it directly onto some watercolour paper and was left with this pretty background.



I stamped some of the sand, shells and seaweed onto the marbled background, and fussy cut the birthday sign to create the focal point of the card. I then added some stamped Lagoon cardstock panels with the fish stamped in Sapphire ink to enforce the fish theme.



Now "Hop" on over to Melinda's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the April SOTM is only available until the 30th April 2020!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!

15 comments:

  1. Cute card. I have never tried the shaving cream technique, but have wanted too. Not sure that I will ever be able to try it due to my multiple chemical sensitivities but I love the look it creates. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique to use with this stamp set and I like how you stamped the rows of fish on the top and bottom papers without coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea, and I love how your card turned out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this technique - the background is perfect. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is awesome. I can't wait to try it. Thank you for joining us this month for the SOTM Blog Hop. I can't wait to see what you create next!

    💙☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this technique many times, have yet to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! I used to do the shaving cream technique all the time. It's perfect for this set, as you so perfectly demonstrated on your fabulous card!! I need shaving cream now! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique for this stamp set! Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the technique! Definitely need to play with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shaving cream technique - one of my favorite. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to do a shaving cream technique again...but need to get shaving cream! LOL Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you used the shaving cream! I have not done it quite like you did but love the effect and how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card. What a fabulous technique. It is perfect for the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!