Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Australasian SOTM Blog Hop- Happiness Never Grows Old

 


Hello and welcome aboard our December SOTM Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. 

If you have arrived here from Doris then you are in the right place. 

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. 

Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s December Stamp of the Month, Happiness Never Grows Old




I have created  Beginner's Card Workshop using this beautiful floral stamp set and the Lovely Paper Packet featured in our core catalogue. 

This stamp set lends itself so well to cards- the font is exquisite and large, which make it great for the focal point of a card without too much added stuff needed.


I managed to use all of the sentiments in this card kit- I also mixed and matched them with masking to create some extra sentiments too!

For example, for this card I masked off the R in "your" to make my own sentiment, which I thought was quite cute. I also made my own pattern on the white pennant by using the small dot detail stamp that comes with this set. 


Look at how stunning these large sentiments are! This card didn't need a lot of extra embellishment as the sentiment and the beautiful leafy paper were my heroes on the card. 


This card also uses the second generation stamping technique where I stamped the flowers in Sapphire ink, stamped off the first layer of ink on a scrap piece of paper and then added the second layer of ink to Blue Belle cardstock for a softer background look on this card. 


I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Beginner's Card Kit creation using the December Stamp of the Month. 

This exclusive stamp set is only available during December. It can be yours for just $10 with a qualifying order of $88 or for free if you are a VIP customer and place an qualifying order.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Doreen.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Lauren. I love how you've varied the use of the sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Lauren, that paper pack sure is lovely. I like how you stamped the dots on the white banner under your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection of cards, Lauren. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!