Tuesday, February 2, 2021

February SOTM Blog Hop - Doodled Borders

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring February's SOTM, which is Doodled Borders, a set of 36 stamps.  

If you have come here from Darlys' Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog


This month we have 22 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

My son has been asking to craft with me lots lately, so today's Stamp of the Month creation is actually his! Here he is hard at work in my craft room- I was trying to pack up as we move this weekend but how could I say no to some quality time with my boy? 

Here is the card he created using the Doodled Borders stamp set paired with the Sweet Safari Stamp Set and Thin Cuts- I am so proud of him! 

He cut the tiger from Nectarine cardstock, and then cut the trees in both Kraft and Avocado cardstock. I helped him to fussy cut the green tree leaves onto the Kraft trunks to make multicoloured trees. He stamped the sentiment and some stars using black ink, and we kept with the same colour scheme as the trees and tiger. The tiger was popped up on some foam tape to make him stand out on the card. 


We used the Doodled Border stamp set by tone-on-tone stamping one of the larger brushstroke patterns in Avocado ink onto Avocado cardstock, as my son mentioned it looked like a jungle pattern so that is where he got the idea from. Here you can see it as the background of the card, and because of the design even an eight year old could line it up to look perfect!


My son would love to know what you think of his card- I am just so thrilled that he has my crafty genes and that he likes to spend time with me in my craft room. 

Now "Hop" on over to Haley's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this card and your special artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son's card is great! I am partial to that background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! How sweet! He did a great job! Tell him that he has crafty fans all over the world cheering him on. Good luck on your move, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job!!! And what memories y’all are making. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Tell your son I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect background for the jungle card...well designed by your 'special artist'...thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He did an awesome job on this card, I love it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! He is definitely an “artist in residence” and you should be very proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and what a special time working together! That's what great memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure what makes me happier, the card or the creator of it! I hope you scrapbook this memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that your son created this card! Please let him know he did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing card! He's a natural!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!