Wednesday, February 16, 2022

February Technique Hop- Stunning Stencils


Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! 

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Michelle's Blog you are on the right track! 

I love the new Sawyer collection, and part of this is the Sawyer Digital Art Collection.


I saw the cute card front (top right corner) and immediately thought how great it would be as a stencil- and so I cut it from my Cricut using a 11" length ratio to create a stencil for a scrapbook page.

I stuck the template to some White Daisy Cardstock using the temporary Quickie Glue Pen and then simply painted over it using my Watercolour Paints in orange, pink and purple hues.


I was left with this very cool stencil pattern, which matched the Sawyer collection and my photos perfectly!


Once this was dry, I cut it down to size to create a banner for my scrapbook page. I had these gorgeous photos of my niece wearing pink, purple and orange and so I paired the stencil with a plain Peach Cardstock background to make the stencil the focus of this layout. 


I embellished this layout with some of the gorgeous Sawyer Stickers and Sawyer Die-cuts to create interest- the scallop edges are also stickers and then I used the Zip Strip from the Sawyer Paper Packet for another pop of colour. 


I used another Sawyer sticker for my journalling box and also cut the title and the scalloped circle background from the Sawyer Digital Art Kit.


I really love using stencilled backgrounds to create my own patterned paper- and the Digital Art Collections make this so easy as there are a variety of different stencil templates available. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Maz's Blog where you will find her sharing her stencil technique.  Be sure to leave a comment and happy hopping!

7 comments:

  1. I love that your created your own stencil and it looks great on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the Ombré dies cuts. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute addition to your layout. What a fun way to use your watercolour paints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love that you made your own stencil! Your finished project is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use your cricut to make a stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful paper you created for your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use these digital images & it looks fab on your layout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!