Sunday, April 10, 2016

H is for Handbag Mini Album


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter H. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their H element will be featured in their post.

If you came from Catherine then you're on the right track!

On a recent visit to my grandmother-in-law's house, I noticed that there were a lot of photos of other family members and I felt like I should send some more photos down to them, as they always like to know what our family has been up to. With Mother's Day coming up, this was a good opportunity to send a gift of photos.

I had this Handbag mini album in my stash, so it was perfect to put to use!



I put together the most delicious combination of cardstock colours to match the album- Autumn Terracotta, Honey, Gypsy and Fern.



The front opens to reveal a tag saying 'a gift for you', which I embellished with green epoxy triangles and some of the La Vie en Rose Complements.



I cut frames for most of the pages using the Art Philosophy cartridge, and I will add photos to each page. I have not shown them on the blog today for privacy reasons. I also added some stamped sentiments in Fern ink from the April SOTM.



I used the three colours throughout the album, embellishing with a few titles and stamped images.


Here I stamped one of the SOTM sentiments onto a La Vie en Rose Complement with Chocolate Ink.



Another SOTM sentiment was paired with this family title and a small heart sticker. I also used some flair from La Vie en Rose Assortment.



I can't wait to get the photos in this album and get it sent off!



This Smile speech bubble was one of my favourite pieces to use in the album, and I know the exact photo that will go here.


Finally, I added a Grandma cut embellishment as this will be sent off to my husband's grandmother and I want the book to make her feel special.



Here are the back pages folded out.



And here is what it will look like when it is opened out from the front.



I hope that she will love this Handbag Mini Album as much as I enjoyed putting it together. i love giving photos and mini albums as gifts, do you?

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Wendy.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Catherine Nowak for a complete list of participants!

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting!