Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Artbooking In April- School layout

This is the second post for my Artbooking In April series- using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge to create paper perfection!

My eldest son recently started school, and I am doing a whole Picture My Life album for his school years. However, I felt his first day of school warranted a mention in our family album, and the Artbooking cartridge came to the rescue with the perfect layout. I actually combined overlays and titles from the two different school themed layouts to create my own double page spread.



I used primary colours since those colours feature in the photos, and I loved the overlay as it allowed me to fit lots of photos on the page! All of those little moments captured that show an overview of his first day. These are the memories that might have been forgotten when he is a few years into his education, so it is nice that I will be able to look back on the snapshots and remember the nerves, the excitement and the anticipation.

Here is the layout completed with photos and some journalling. I used the Cricut to cut out this notebook journalling box, which I thought went well with the overall theme of the pages.



Thanks for stopping by, I would love for you to leave a comment. Don't forget to check out the rest of my Artbooking in April series too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!