Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #144

This week's sketch at AHSC really inspired me to create a layout instead of a card, as I had my Dad's birthday recently and wanted to show some masculine ways of using the beautiful la Vie En Rose paper packet.


I paired the polka dot paper with some Fundamentals Stickers and cardstock to create a layout perfect for the photos I have taken.

Here is the completed layout- I really like the colour combination and the grid look of this layout.



My dad is in his 60s (shhh don't tell him I told you!) and so this sentiment made me chuckle- added on to the layout it really suits him as he is still very active and loves to get outdoors and run.


The Fundamentals Stickers made it easy for me to add some embellishments, and the 'Happy' is also from the stickers. I then cut the 'birthday' from my Cricut and created the rest of the title.



Now I just need to print the photos and I am good to go. I would love to know if any of you create your layouts in advance of big events?

Head on over to Atlantic Hearts to link up your creations- we would love to have you play along!

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Ruby, Saffron
Embellishments: Fundamentals Stickers Enchantment Pack
Ink: Ruby
Paper Packet: La Vie En Rose
Stamp set: Birthday Funnies (Hostess Set)

1 comment:

  1. Meant to pop over all week to tell you how gorgeous this LO is. :) I love the linear nature of it and the way you used pops of bright colour to make it so special. That's a GREAT sentiment for your grandpa's birthday! LOL! I really like making LOs with sketches too- great to see this here too. :) TYFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!