Tuesday, March 1, 2016

S1603 Sunshine Birdies Australasian Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Hello and welcome aboard our Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop.

If you have arrived here from Shaunna's Blog then you are in the right place.

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today I would like to share with you a quick card that features Close To My Heart’s March Stamp of the Month, Sunshine Birdies.

I was inspired by the sketch from this week's Just Add Ink challenge, which I flipped a bit to work with the idea I had in my head.


I used the Chevron Embossing Folder and Kraft cardstock to create some interest to the card background, stamping my sentiment before I ran it through my Cuttlebug. I then punched a hole in the side of the Kraft cardstock and stamped the sun in Sunset ink to fill the gap. I watercoloured the centre of the sun to make it stand out more.



I also added a cute bow and some gold foil to fit the sketch accents and add some additional flair to the card.



This exclusive Sunshine Birdies Stamp Set is only available during March! It can be yours for just $10 with a qualifying order of $75 or for $33 if ordered separately from your CTMH consultant.

If you do not have a consultant please contact me or place an order here.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop,  Mez's Craft Room.

9 comments:

  1. Crafty and cute - thank you and love the sketch! Thank you for sharing the link to Just Add Ink, will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to stamp through a hole in the paper! I love the simplicity of this card Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, really like how the foil turn out with the embossed card and I will certainly be checking out just add ink for future challenges, thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Lauren! I love how you've cut out a section of the Kraft card to enclose your sweet sun and the adorable bow and gold glimmer touches are wonderful ways to use the sketch, Thanks for joining us for our 300th Challenge at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, I like using card sketches for inspiration when making cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you thought outside the box..:0) Flipping the sketch is very effective Lauren and l love the addition of that cute little bow! Thanks for celebrating with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really cute sun stamp, and that song is one of my favourites. I sang it to my firstborn just after he made his way into the world. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have interpreted the card sketch Lauren. A cute, textural card. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you've adapted the horizontal sketch to make it a vertical sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!