Sunday, February 3, 2019

Dress Up Details

One thing about me is that I love costume parties- they are my chance to explore a completely new character and create a fabulous outfit!

Recently I was invited to a 40th birthday where the theme was Activewear. It instantly made me think of Kath and Kel from the Australian TV show Kath and Kim, where the couple get fit and healthy together in their activewear. I knew I had to recreate this look and so off we went to the party dressed up as this couple.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, text and outdoor

I scrapbooked my two favourite photos of us from the evening- the "look at me" is one of Kath's sayings and I embraced her whole character, even copying her walk and holding handweights.



I used bright colours as well, since our outfits were pretty colourful!



This layout used lots of retired bits and pieces that I had been stockpiling, as I am definitely trying to shrink my craft stash (so that I can buy new craft things of course!) and I found the glitter stickers and a glitter heart in the perfect colours to complement the bright pink.

I was inspired by this sketch at Sketches In Thyme.



I also created some elements based on this mood board over at the Color Dare challenge. I used hearts, the colours and the little birdie sticker to create the vibe of this mood board in my layout. Even my washi tape strips have little hearts on them!



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog- I hope to see you again!

10 comments:

  1. Cute layout. Love how you used the colors and patterns. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and love your costumes and story for scrapebook page. Nicely laid out and nice selection of the colors from the board. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout and love your costumes! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Om my gosh...you nailed it! Thanks for sharing the story with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Page for great costumes (I'm an Australian too so I love Kath & Kim as well). Great use of the sketch and you've nailed the colours of the Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge. thanks for sharing with us, I hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun and congrats for using up some stash. Wonderful take on the sketch - thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a adorable layout. Loving how you are using up some of your stockpile to create something wonderful. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Color My Heart Color Dare. ♥☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it: it's fresh and cheerful. Eli(Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great page, I love how you matched the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy 40th ... thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thymye

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!