Saturday, August 31, 2019

Father's Day Card for Just Add Ink

Well, I am back into crafting after a month long hiatus while I moved house. I can't believe it has taken me this long to get my craft mojo back- but now I am creating like crazy in my new craft area.

Tomorrow is Father's Day here in New Zealand, so of course I've had to put together a quick card for my Dad!


I was inspired by the sketch over at Just Add Ink as I really wanted to use up some paper scraps and play with my new masculine stamp and thin cuts set, featuring an old-style pickup truck.




I kept the colours neutral to make the wood patterned paper take centre stage, and how cute is the pickup?

The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that I love, and I stamped both the truck and the sentiment in brown ink to keep the colour scheme monochromatic.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Woodgrain and cars are both absolute winners for father's day cards Lauren. I love how you kept the tone and colours neutral letting all the elements balance. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great card - I really love the way you have used the woodgrain papers. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a fabulous Father's Day card. Your mix of woodgrain and patterns with neutral colours if perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!