Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Pretty of Paper Piecing

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 10 of us highlighting Paper Piecing.



This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Carrie’s Blog, you are on the right track!

I could not wait to get my hands on the new Love Lives Here stamp set as I knew it would be perfect for paper piecing!


So what exactly is paper piecing? Paper piecing is commonly thought of as a quilting technique, though it is also a technique used in scrapbooking and cardmaking. Paper piecing in scrapbooking and cardmaking projects involves creating an image from several layers of cut pieces of paper. The layered image generally pops from the page and can be more visually appealing than an image that is flat or made from one layer of paper. you can do this by hand, using thin cuts or even your Cricut!

I decided to go the old fashioned way with stamps, cardstock and scissors as my tools of choice.

I stamped each image multiple times on different colours of cardstock and even used some of the Mix In Papers as well to get some pattern and variation. I then cut each piece of clothing as well as the hair, and layered it on each image stamped in black ink on White Daisy cardstock. I finished off by colouring the skin with the Fair Skin Triblend Marker.



I used the lady and two of the young boy images since I want to get some lovely photos of me with my two boys. But the possibilities are endless with this set!

Here's my finished layout with the Mix In Papers. As you can see, I used the square with my paper pieced figures as a type of PML card, and stamped the family time sentiment from the same stamp set. I also added some Acrylic Hearts for embellishment and backed the whole thing on Toffee cardstock.



Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Haley’s Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

6 comments:

  1. Fun page for capturing family memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love how you used the pattern paper for the clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! perfect stamp set for paper-piecing, I love what you've done; great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the papers you picked for your people's clothing. They look great on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout! You will have fun making memories for this page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. I need to have a go at this technique now. Thanks for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!