Tuesday, February 16, 2021

"It's Faux" Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 13 of us highlighting faux techniques.  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  


If you are coming from Darlys' Blog, you are on the right track!  

Today I wanted to show you a faux patina look to use on your card backgrounds. A patina is described as a green or brown film on the surface of bronze or similar metals, produced by oxidation over a long period. Rather than used aged metals on a card, here's a fun way to fake the look!

To start, I ran a piece of White Daisy cardstock through the Spring Blossoms Embossing Folder, which I had covered in Toffee ink. This left a lovely imprint of brown ink on the cardstock. I then sponged over this with layers of Ballerina, Canary and Espresso inks to create an aged look. The last thing I did was randomly sponge Versamark ink over the embossed piece and added some gold embossing powder over this, which I then set using a heat gun. I was then left with this beautiful aged look for my card background.


I then added a strip of Lovely paper, matted with Canary cardstock. I then added the sentiment in Espresso ink from the Perfect Match stamp set, and used Ballerina and Espresso cardstock that I cut with the Stitched Circles Thin Cuts.


This is a great way to get the vintage aged looked in a lot less time- you can use any metallic embossing powder and any colours of ink to create a background. Silver, brown and blue is also a wonderful combination and great for masculine cards!

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Alyson's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lauren...I LOVE THIS! I was going to try this technique but couldn't figure out the colors I should use. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!