Sunday, May 16, 2021

Just Distress Oxide It!

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 10 of us highlighting different ways to use Distress Oxide inks.  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.


If you are coming from Tamara's Blog, you are on the right track! 

I love using Distress Oxides to create my own backgrounds when I don't have the right colours or papers lying around. To start off with for this particular scrapbook page, I simply swiped Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks over a piece of Mink Cardstock



Here's the finished layout- but lets have a look at some of the details that distress oxides a great way to do a background. 



The Mink cardstock showing through the distress inks really mimics the look of the Hillside Cottage Paper with the distressed look- it shows up on the journal sticker too. 



Dropping water onto a distress oxide background creates a fun look too- and as seen here you can still use embellishments and stamps directly onto the inks such as these Hillside Cottage Shapes or this title stamped with Intense Black ink from the Hillside Cottage Cardmaking Stamp Set



Here's the completed layout with photos and journalling- I'd love to know what you think!


Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Judy's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

6 comments:

  1. It reminds me of a watercolor look, but I’d rather do it this way with ink! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such pretty swiping to create an amazing background for your scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic background! I think it also looks a bit like painted wood. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love making my own layout backgrounds with these Inks and now you've given me another way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background paper you created! it works so well with your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on just swiping! I love the resulting look; great texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!