Friday, July 2, 2021

July SOTM - Strong Roots Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring July's SOTM, which is Strong Roots, a set of 11 stamps.  


If you have come here from Heather's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog


This month we have 18 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

 I instantly loved the little cottage, and I have had midwinter Christmas ideas on my mind, and so I decided to make a winter themed card using the cottage.  I created a galaxy circle background on French Vanilla Cardstock and then used a Cricut cut Snowflake stencil for a subtle all over background. 

The title comes from this stamp set too- I stamped the word Home layered in Grape, Sangria and Sapphire ink, and then shaped the rest of the sentence around my galaxy circle (the great thing about our stamps is that they can be manipulated into different lines!) in Sangria ink. The snowflakes were simply sponged onto the cardstock using my Sponge Dauber and Mint Ink

For the galaxy spotlight I sponged a circle using Sapphire, Sangria and Grape ink. I then took my Watercolour Paints and flicked some white over the galaxy circle, and left to dry. 

For the house- I stamped the entire house in Versamark and Intense Black ink and then heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder so that the colours wouldn't run. Usually with watercolours you can just use Intense Black, but the snow look I created is quite wet and my first attempt didn't work out so I decided to do each step to protect the Black Ink as much as possible. I then coloured the house using Watercolour Pencils, and sponged over the windows with Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink so that the lights looked like they were glowing inside. I then added a thick layer of Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue to the bushes and roof, to create a snowy look. It is so sparkly and pretty in real life! I fussy cut the house and popped it up on some Thin 3D Foam Tape

Isn't this such a cute card? I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I'd love to know which detail is your favourite. 


Now "Hop" on over to Maureen’s Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the Strong Roots SOTM is only available until the 31st July!  

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! love the galaxy circle and snow on the house! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to create a winter-themed card with this set. It is fabulous! I love the starry sky for a backdrop. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, I love the sky and how it is winter themed, thanks for showing some different way to imagine it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you changed up the season! And the added starry night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how clever! I love how you turned this into a winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how clever! I love how you turned this into a winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you made this a winter card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you used this stamp for a winter scene - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great how you altered the season and incorporated the Wander paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually ink sponged using a mask and then flecked with paint!

      Delete
  10. Love the winter scene! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever! I love that you made it a winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a GREAT idea to use this for Christmas!! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite detail is the snow on the house! I wouldn't have thought to make this a winter scene, so thank you for expanding my vision!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!